HP Jetdirect Cold Reset
Posted September 9, 2008on:
I have a few HP laser printers which are connected to our network. The problem I was having was one of the network cards in the printers was not showing up anymore and I needed to preform a reset of the configuration in order to clear the settings on the card and reconfigure the printer.
The procedure that I found for resetting the HP 2300 DTN is as follows:
- Turn the printer off
- Hold the green button on the front
- Power the printer on (while holding the green button still)
- Keep pressing the green button until all three lights are on the front panel then release
- Then use the up arrow to go from Select Language to “Cold Reset”
- Press the green button again and the printer will reset to factory defaults.
Hope this helps anyone who is having problems either connecting to a Hewlett Packard networked laser printer. This procedure is useful if you have bought one of these printers second hand and need to reset the IP range that the printer is using.